Tuesday, January 4, 2011

what I'm looking forward to in 2011


I didn't make and document "formal" resolutions on 1/1/11 but I did ponder what I want to improve upon, learn, achieve, acquire, do and see during the next year.  365 days to accomplish these tasks seems like a lifetime but given how quickly our soon to be 9 weeks in Mexico has flown, I know a year will go by quicker than I want it to. 

So, in saying that, I am starting NOW ... I am acknowledging what I am looking forward to and not necessarily what I need to do, accomplish and improve ... for now anyways!

First, I  can't wait to see friends and family back home during our 10 day January visit!  Hunter is playing hockey in a Saskatoon weekend tournament, we are celebrating a belated Christmas with our families, we are having dinner with dear friends, I am getting my BFF's together for a "photo shoot", we are catching up with doctor, vet and dentist appointments and the kids are returning to South Shore School for the week!  I am looking forward to hugs, visits, laughs and stories!!  I am excited to see my mom and dad aka Nan and Pops, Jay's parents aka Grandma and Papa, my brother Rob, Jay's brothers and sister in law, our nieces and nephew Eden, Esme and nephew Dylan and our many friends at the beach and in the city.

Second, I am pumped to be reunited with my workout regime.  I am disappointed that I have swayed from this routine but I know it happens and I just have to get back on track ... one day back and I know the feeling of being hooked will return.  I plan on finding a yoga class and getting out my skipping rope, weights,  DVD's, my training programs and new Forerunner watch!  I am going to reunite with my 530am "bootcampers" at the beach while we are home and hope this will fuel the fire to continue on as I did all last year!  I am not going to set a weight goal or inch loss prediction - I just want to feel energized, toned and healthy.  So ... here's to sweat, pain and  a tight ass (there's always the power of positive thinking and wishful thinking)!!

Third,  I am looking forward to getting our IPad hooked up so I can download my People magazines and a Spanish program.  I am going to learn this language if its the last thing I do!!  As most of my friends know I am a People Puzzler fanatic (and enjoy the magazine itself as well) so because I am a subscriber I don't have to wait for friends to bring me the latest news I can read it online via the IPad!

Fourth, I am excited about our family's next 4 months in Playa del Carmen (actually with us being in Saskatchewan for 10 days January will slip away and we'll be down to 3 ~ yikes).  Our kids are starting to understand more and more Spanish and will hopefully start speaking more and more too.  They are comfortable in our surroundings and their school environments.  We are meeting very nice and interesting people, we know lots of people that are coming down for vacations, we have guests coming in Jan, Feb and March (still wide open for April if anyone is interested!) and Jay is learning so much in the travel, business and marketing world.  We want to travel up to Holbox for a weekend and make the trek down to Belize for a few days as well.  So much to explore and take in.   The kids have become fish in the water, have begun to play with each nicely rather than relying on other friends and we have taken advantage of a lot of family time.

Fifth, I want to write write and write.  I am hoping to obtain  the opportunity for a few more articles for the upcoming Fine Homes and Finelifestyles Regina magazines as well I am inquiring about writing for the Exotic Travelers magazine here in Playa.  I will also continue with my daily blog.  I know this will not make me a rich lady but I love doing it and love receiving the feedback from friends who truly appreciate our stories.

 Mostly, I am content receiving each day as it comes.  I can't predict or control tomorrow and I can't change yesterday.  I can only live day to day to day.  I am striving to be as patient, open, forgiving and positive as I possibly can be.  This will ensure a great 2011!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment