Friday, November 19, 2010

Favorite things

Today on Oprah she is sharing her favorite things. This show is a huge hit with her fans but for me, other than seeing all the great gadgets, clothes and food I would ultimately love to have, it gets me thinking. What ARE my favorite things??

In keeping with my thought pattern of "some of the greatest things in life aren't things" I pondered this and decided to be absolutely upfront and frank!

Right now, as I sit listening to a chain saw, the birds singing and pool gurgling, here are my favorites.

1. My family - husband Jason, son Hunter and daughter Emersyn. Although these past two weeks have been emotional and painful and stressful these three people are my life right now. I know we aren't supposed to LIVE for other people, and I don't, but right now, at this time, my purpose is to provide the best emotional, physical and loving support I can to my family. I trust, love and respect Jay more than I do anyone. I know we can argue, disagree, fight but know we will be there for one another 10 minutes later. My kids (like any others) give me my challenges. But, they are forcing me to obtain patience, unconditional love and a strong sense of loyalty!

2. Friends - I have always loved friends and making new ones. I love being in different circles of friends and sharing different interests with different ones. Jay has been like this for as long as I have known him as well. He has friends that are Hells Angels, presidents/CEO's of large companies, living out of storage units with propane fueled heat, still living with their parents, educated, not educated, in fashion, no clue about fashion, with manners and without. I respect him for this and can also say I am a part of his friendship circles! As I grow older however, I am finding less and less time for spending with my friends. Schedules, distances, children, work all play a part in making the time I do spend with loved ones that much more important. I love visiting. I love getting to know people (thus the million and one questions). I love laughing. I love giving. I love sharing. I love surprising. I love organizing. I love new things. These are all a part of friendship. When I was younger I could count endlessly how many friends I had that "would be there for me". As I mature, and become that much more wiser (and clued in!), I can count on one hand how many friends I have that would be there. And without a doubt, I would take this over relationships of 20 years ago. Friends that I chose to spend quality time with would do ANYTHING for my family. As would I. This is hard to find. Treasure your friendships...I know I do.

3. OK, this is a THING and I will not lie ... my cell phone and computer (can I count them as one?!). If you know me well, I love to maintain contact with texting, BBMing, facebooking, calling and emailing. I just love to keep in contact. I don't phone as much as I should/can/want to. I know and full heartedly admit that! But, I love to write. I love to send a quick "good morning sunshine", "miss you", wanna do lunch!! I am writing for Fine Lifestyles Magazine and need my computer. I do work for the store, and need my computer. I love to share pictures and see others ... you get it! I LOVE my technology~even though I don't know how to work it properly!

4. Photographs and photography. I want to be a photographer. I want to learn how to use my camera properly! I love pictures and love taking them! This is a must in my bucket list!

5. Coffee ... I love coffee in the morning, I love Second Cup chillers (half the amount of white mocha), I love chai tea lattes (on ice in summer, hot in winter) from Starbucks, and I love Lumsden Fogs from the Bistro (especially with my GF HP!) I also love nice coffee mugs. In our rental house we have chipped ugly white ones and I didn't bring my nice travel ones from home ... if ever wondering what a nice gift would be for me ... well!!????!!?

What are your favorite things???

No comments:

Post a Comment